Today was a big day for me, I actually found the time to go and cut my hair! There is a really neat non-profit organization called Locks of Love that accepts donations of hair in lengths of ten inches or more and I decided it was about time to donate mine. They use the hair to create wigs for under-privileged children who suffer from health issues that cause them to lose their hair. My hair happens to grow outrageously fast, so I have had the opportunity to donate my hair three or four times before.
It has been about three years since the last time I donated my hair. As I had my hair cut today I pondered the events that have occurred in the past three years, Trent began law school, Jackson was born, we have traveled, we have moved, we have experienced deaths of family members, but most importantly we have been blessed in more ways than I can count. I have to say that my hair has experienced a lot of love in the last three years and I hope that it will bring a child somewhere the hope and confidence they need in their time of trial.
