Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gifts of the Heart Exchange



Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to attend the "Gifts of the Heart Exchange". It is a wonderful clothing drive brought about by thousands of donations from generous people. They basically make tables for each size and gender and then they allow student families to come in and take what they need for their kids. For FREE. I was able to get Jack basically an entire winter wardrobe (because lets be honest, I am starting to run out of my stock-pile). It was so fun, my friend Leanne and I volunteered on Friday so we could attend an early shopping hour and we had a grand old time digging through the goodness. I am semi-picky about clothes but there were TONS of great brands all in excellent condition (Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place, etc.-- I even got Jack some Hanna Anderson PJ's, my ultimate favorite). I could not believe that someone had thought of this huge idea and made it real and I was able to benefit directly from it. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to anyone and everyone who was a part of it. What a blessing, and how fitting to have my heart so full at the beginning of this Thanksgiving week!