Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reunited at Last

A little over a week ago, my sweet grandpa passed. There was very little suffering and I cannot help but feel happy for him. For years he cared for my ill grandma, so when she died several years ago, I think he didn't really know what to do with himself. He missed his wife so much and all he has been wanting to do is join her.

The funeral was in St. George and there were 98 family members present, including all 17 Smith's. It was great to see extended family members and to see my parents and siblings again so soon.


The cemetery is located in one of the most peaceful places I have ever been. The beautiful red rock and blue sky are such an amazing contrast. He could not have been laid to rest in a more special place. I am grateful for the life and example of my grandpa Arden and I am glad that my loving grandparents are reunited at last.

My mom and her lovely siblings at their dad's funeral.



Our little family



The gorgeous hill above the cemetery




On the drive home we decided to do a quick detour and check out Kolob Canyon. We could not believe that this was right off of the freeway and that we had no idea. It is GORGEOUS!!! If you are ever driving up the 15 in Utah, stop, you will not regret it!