So I have been trying to purchase replacement items to fill our new place, the problem was that all of the shower curtains I wanted were over $100 at places like Anthropologie. Then I had the idea to make my own, exactly how I wanted it. Trent's mom Kathleen is seriously an amazing seamstress. She helped me make it, and when I say "helped" I mean she basically made the whole thing while Jackson and I kept her company (she is the best!). We bought one flat sheet at Target and used the fabric to make the most beautiful shower curtain. We made the ruffles out of extra fabric and used lace from my mom's incredible stock of craft supplies. So, all for about $10 I now have a shower curtain that would make Anthropologie jealous. I cannot wait to get back to Utah to try it on in our new bathroom!
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Goodbye Shower Curtain... Hello Bliss.
Last month our apartment building had a BIG problem. The roof developed a leak and the water traveled through the building right down to our garden-level apartment. Inevitably, mold started to grow... and grow it did. Our bathroom and kitchen were both effected, we ended up throwing away sooooo many items (rugs, cleaning products, baskets, etc). Among the items we lost was our beautiful shower curtain, it was the first of our wedding presents lost (except maybe a dropped glass or two). I may or may not have cried... Don't you worry, I survived and we found a new apartment that is bigger, newer, and all around better.
So I have been trying to purchase replacement items to fill our new place, the problem was that all of the shower curtains I wanted were over $100 at places like Anthropologie. Then I had the idea to make my own, exactly how I wanted it. Trent's mom Kathleen is seriously an amazing seamstress. She helped me make it, and when I say "helped" I mean she basically made the whole thing while Jackson and I kept her company (she is the best!). We bought one flat sheet at Target and used the fabric to make the most beautiful shower curtain. We made the ruffles out of extra fabric and used lace from my mom's incredible stock of craft supplies. So, all for about $10 I now have a shower curtain that would make Anthropologie jealous. I cannot wait to get back to Utah to try it on in our new bathroom!


So I have been trying to purchase replacement items to fill our new place, the problem was that all of the shower curtains I wanted were over $100 at places like Anthropologie. Then I had the idea to make my own, exactly how I wanted it. Trent's mom Kathleen is seriously an amazing seamstress. She helped me make it, and when I say "helped" I mean she basically made the whole thing while Jackson and I kept her company (she is the best!). We bought one flat sheet at Target and used the fabric to make the most beautiful shower curtain. We made the ruffles out of extra fabric and used lace from my mom's incredible stock of craft supplies. So, all for about $10 I now have a shower curtain that would make Anthropologie jealous. I cannot wait to get back to Utah to try it on in our new bathroom!
