Sunday, July 1, 2012

A run to remember

A few weeks ago, a man maintained his manhood, and that man was Trent. Trent's talented sister Katy has been running for BYU for the last four years and she challenged Trent to a one mile race. Winner could claim the rights to the fastest Andrews family member (Wade and Pierce were no-shows). If you know the Andrews, they are all athletic, and by athletic, I mean outrageously fast, fit and competitive. Trent kept saying "man, I think Katy will win, she is so fast right now." So, at 6:30 pm on June 19th, 2012 at the La Costa Canyon High School Track the race was set.

Some necessary stretching... this was a very big deal. I mean, there were spectators and everything.



All smiles... don't be fooled, Trent was inwardly praying for speed.



On your mark... get set...



GO!



The first few laps they stayed very close





And then Trent started to pull ahead



Trent pushed himself to the limit and ran a 4:48 mile and Katy came in very close behind him right around five minutes.



I am pretty sure it was pride and pride alone that kept Trent running at such a quick pace. He was not about to be outrun by a girl, even one as talented and fast as Katy. Trent's fastest time in high school was 4:37, so he did pretty dang good for an old man and without training.