Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feeling Rebellious!!!

After several months of subtle (and by subtle I mean extreme) hints. Trent surprised me (and by surprised I mean I bugged him relentlessly until he gave in) with a CANON REBEL!!!! I am so excited! I have been wanting a camera that makes the pictures I take of Jackson look good without me actually knowing how to take good pictures. This camera fits the bill. I wanted my new present to have some jewelery so I decided to make it a cute strap cover.

THE REBEL!!!





I picked up some pretty fabric in complementary colors...



Then, I cut the fabric into the correct measurements and pined one side in a quilt-like pattern...



I also made one for a friend



Then, I sewed it up and here is the finished product. I LOVE the result.



The best part is the little pocket for the lens-cap!



All-in-all, this project was pretty easy! Now that I have made these strap covers once, I think it will be really easy to make them again. I used some new products (fusable fleece and fusable interfacing), they were easy enough to use once I figured them out. I only bought 1/4 yard of fabric in each pattern and I have enough left over to make about five more strap covers. I am so happy... I cannot wait to try out my new camera, especially now that it is stylin'!