Last week Jack took this first real tumble. Poor guy fell down our stairs, hard. He was so tough even when his mommy was not. He fought really hard against anyone and everyone when they were trying to put the IV in his arm (he has about 12 punctures marks to prove it). Once they placed the IV it was only a few minutes until he was completely unconscious and the doctor was able to do the oral surgery/teeth re-placement procedure and stitch him all up. It was really hard for me to be so helpless. I have never hated anything more than watching my baby boy undergo that kind of pain. You know you look pitiful when the nurses keep hugging you and telling you it will be alright--yes, I am "that" embarrassingly emotional mom. He has been on an all-liquid diet, and has been really sore, but he has been such a trooper all week. I am so in love with this little boy, in the middle of the procedure he was making sweet little cooing noises, which was just the comfort I needed. I am the luckiest mom in the world.
