Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cancun

Last week Trent's amazingly generous parents took the entire family to Cancun, Mexico. It was soooooo beautiful! Honestly, the heat was incredible, I have never sweated more, but it was worth every bit of our perspiration! We enjoyed six days visiting Mayan ruins, snorkel spots, and just getting to know the local culture.

I am not going to lie, I was a little nervous about the insect situation having read all about the giant spiders and scorpions. So, of course on our first night there I was chased across the bathroom by a spider the size of the palm of my hand. After screaming a lot, I sprayed it to death with a can of raid. I am pretty sure I scared all the other creatures away because we did not have any problems after that, I can be really intimidating in case you didn't know.

Overall, I would suggest this destination to anyone who wants to enjoy a place full of history and the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen!


We stayed at the Casa Colel Luna in Playa del Carmen







We woke up to this every morning!


At the beach







I definitely won our forehead war


But it hurt.






Jack kept falling asleep on me... the sun really took it out of him!


When it got too hot, he got all flushed... but he was only sad like once the whole trip (and I caught it on camera)! Such a good sport!


Here is the Mayan city of Tulum





The island of Cozumel









Snorkeling









The Mayan city of Chichen Itza







Oh, and you cannot forget all the time we spent at restaurants eating the delicious Mexican food!











Happy 3rd anniversary to us!


Enjoying the flight...



And, REALLY enjoying the flight...



THANK YOU Doug & Kathleen for the trip of a lifetime!!!